Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pre-Christmas

Hey Graham Fans! Boy time does fly during the holidays! I can't believe it has almost been a month since my last post. I am going to have to break out my activities before Christmas and the whole Christmas experience!

One of the big events before Christmas was the blizzard. I used to be able to see the yard but now the snow looks like it was just stacked onto the yard. Daddy sure spent a lot of time outside snowblowing! I didn't venture out much. After it stopped snowing and was a little warmer, Daddy and Mommy put on my snowpants and boots to take me outside. I wasn't impressed.

Before the snow really started flying, Mommy took me to the doctor and you know what we found out - I had another ear infection! These are really getting old. My nose was runny too. It all just made me feel kind of crappy! The bad thing was a couple of weeks later we went to get my ear rechecked and it was all clear - yeah, but two days later I didn't feel well again and it was infected. That was the day we were headed to KC for Christmas. Thank goodness Mommy took me in before we left so I could get medicine to make me better.

On to fun stuff, Mommy, Daddy and I went to some party. There was a guy in a red suit with a lady in a red dress. They kept talking to me. I tried to burrow into Mommy. It didn't work, but I held on tight. They had food so Mommy shared some with me. Eventually the guy and lady in red came back and gave me a cup. I decided maybe they weren't so bad. Before long I was running all over. It was fun! I even let the lady and man hold me - I didn't smile though.

The next week we went to a party at a body shop (Great Aunt Marian and Mommy's cousin Steve's). When we walked in there was a man and a lady that looked just like the man and lady in red at the party the week before. I looked and looked and looked at them. They didn't have the same clothes on, but boy the man had the same beard and face. I just couldn't get over how I was seeing that man again, I think they called him Santa. I was still kind of nervous at this party. Uncle Greg was there too which was good. Someone brought their dog and that was when I decided it was a fun party. I chased that dog around and discovered there was all kinds of things to get into. Later I found Great Uncle Harold's cane. I played with it a few weeks ago so I knew how much fun it was to swing around!

With this big Christmas holiday everyone was talking about, Mommy and Daddy made candy one night. Mommy gave me a spoon that had some candy on it (almond bark). Boy was that good. I held onto that spoon for awhile. I even let Dakota try some. She really liked it too. I like spoon licking!

With all this bad weather, I started thinking about my future. Mommy received a magazine from UNI's College of Business. Since I can't play outside, it seemed like a good time to begin researching UNI.
Mommy said it was a good school so I should definitely put it on my list for consideration if I go into business. College is a long ways off so for now I will just hang with my best friend Dakotie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's a ton of snow! Only a few more years and Graham can shovel that for you...