Saturday, January 22, 2011

I could maybe beat a turtle

Happy New Year! Okay so, it has been 2011 for awhile but in my life not that long! First off, I started crawling before Christmas. I almost forgot that I hadn't shared that with you all.It is so old hat for me now. Mommy said Graham wasn't crawling at 7 1/2 months, though she said he rolled around the family room - something I never did. He army crawled longer.
I know Graham blogged about Christmas so I will just share my perspective. My perspective is that I got the shaft. Straight up the shaft! Graham got more presents than me. Did Santa think I wouldn't notice? I did. Hopefully he won't make that mistake next year! I did have fun! Graham already shared where we went so I won't go into that. The downside of Christmas was that I was sick with a bad cold. Between not feeling well and not sleeping in my own bed, I (and Mommy and Daddy) didn't sleep well.

While I like my toys, I really just play with things I can put in my mouth. We got a kitchen and food to play with it. I love to stand at it and the food is great to chew on!
Speaking of standing, I have been doing a lot of it.

The problem with standing is when I lose my balance. I am always hitting my head on something. Boy does that make me cry - first of all it hurts, it frustrates me, and it is kind of embarassing. No one else in the house bonks their head as much!

I finally got my top teeth in! It has been a few weeks - like when I was 8 1/2 months. They didn't come in without some pain, but I don't have as much problems teething as other babies. No fevers for me. I am anxious to get more teeth so I can eat more foods. It is fun to feed myself. I really like it when Mommy gives me some of what they are eating. This mushy stuff is okay, but I want the real stuff. I do let Mommy know when I don't like something - I won't open my mouth as much and if she is really persistent, I will wave my arms in front of my face. I have to try to block the stuff I don't like. She tries to trick me into opening my mouth, sometimes she wins. Other times I win.

That is all for now. I actually have more to post, but Daddy got a new camera and Mommy has to figure out how to download the pics so I can bring you up to date on my latest accomplishments. The next one will be a big one - I promise!

No comments: