Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Holidays!










Hey Graham Fans - Working on keeping the blog up to date. Tough to do with school, swim lessons, playing with all my new toys. Have I mentioned I am taking swim lessons? I am in the second session of lessons. The first week was a little rough i.e. lots of tears, but I have been okay with it since then. I don't like to get my ears wet - those tubes seem to still be in my ears. I am getting more comfortable in the water each week. I am sure I will be swimming laps before you know it (in the rec pool that is!).





In my last post, I think I mentioned we went to visit Santa, but I didn't want anything to do with him. Well we ran into him again. We go to the shop party at Cousin Steve's shop. Santa seems to show up - sometimes in his Santa suit and sometimes in his hanging around the house clothes. This year he just had regular clothes. He talked to me. I told him I wanted a Mack (from the Cars movie). I kept asking Mom who that was and she said he looked familiar, but couldn't place him. Well I knew who he was! Speaking of the shop party, boy is there a lot of stuff I could do 'work' with! It is so much fun to pretend I am working on 'stuff'! Plus there is always a small dog there. Sissy and I really liked to pet that dog. He is a nice little dog and he likes us to pet him. I think he liked us petting him more than the other little girl.

We had a couple of playdates in December. We finally had a playdate with our Brighter Beginnings friends Callan and Declan. They had a new baby brother. Caroline liked the baby, I just liked playing with all their toys! Then the week before Christmas we had a playdate with a bunch of our preschool friends. I always like to go to other people's houses so I can play with their toys.



Well on to the big topic of my post - CHRISTMAS! It actually got off to a rough start. We got up early to go to Kansas City a couple of days before Christmas. We had stopped at Casey's for donuts, but had to run home to get something Mom forgot. We were about to leave for the 2nd time when that donut came back up. Needless to say we went back in the house, changed, and headed back out. I still didn't feel the best, but I didn't get sick again. We hung out at Nanny's in the afternoon and then went to Benjamin's house. He plays basketball in his living room! We had a lot of fun! The next day we made cookies for Santa at Nanny's, then had lunch at Grandpa's. We also got to open our Christmas presents from Grandpa. Later we went to church to celebrate Jesus birthday. We went back to Nanny's and celebrated with Uncle Brad, Aunt Lisa, Benjamin, Joe, Nan, and Uncle Doug and Aunt Cheri. It was so much fun, but it sure wore me out!So Dad had the flu while we were in Kansas City and Mom got struck with the bug on the way home. Fortunately neither one let it interfere with Christmas, particularly once we got home to see what Santa had brought us! The one thing I have been talking about is a Mack from Cars. Santa did not let me down!!
Santa also must know that I like toys with wheels because I got a tractor and baler, and some Matchbox cars. The big guy outdid himself with the big gift for me and Sis -



Mom was the photographer for the pics of the Gator. She really just wanted to go in and lay down, but she was a sport!



Believe it or not Christmas was not quite over! Grandma came up to celebrate with us which meant Uncle Greg came over too. More wheels for me! Uncle Greg gave Caroline some Backyardigan DVD's. We are big fans of the Backyardigans so her gift was really like a gift for me. Honestly I like to play with the babydoll she got and the doll house and her puzzle, but she also likes to play with MY toys too. S-h-a-r-i-n-g. We are working on it! :)



That how our holidays went down! Hope you all enjoyed yours!

No comments: