Tuesday, June 5, 2012

March

Hey Graham Fans!  How is it going?  I bet you are wondering why I would post an update titled March?  Well looking back that is where we need to begin updating.  We get behind but do our best to keep you updated on our adventures. 

I don't think I shared that we hosted a playdate at our house.  We invited all of our preschool friends.  There were about 8 kids total including siblings.  We were all over the house!  It was most fun playing upstairs, but the moms kept interrupting our fun!  A couple of my friends and I pretended to take showers - but that was broken-up quickly.  What is wrong with taking showers together?  (Mom edited out the name of the girl involved to protect her reputation - I don't know what the big deal was nor do I know what a reputation is). 
In early March we went to Kansas City to see the Bagby side of the family.  Nan (great grandmother) was in the hospital so we didn't see as much of Nanny as we planned and Daddy too for that matter.  Mommy took us to Crown Center to this animal exhibit. 
We had fun - stuff to climb on, room to run- can't go wrong!  We hung out at Benjamin's house some too.  We played in a big pile of leaves!  Don't think we didn't have endless fun running and jumping into those leaves! We had a good time playing basketball too.  Benjamin and I were showing each other our moves!
We also spent some time at Grandpa's.  We watched a bunch of Wonder Pets episodes!  What's not to like when watching the Wonder Pets?!  On our way out of town we stopped at a park.  Nanny and Grandpa were there too.  Grandpa and I raced on a track.  I am pretty fast so I could edge him out at the finish line.  They also had a long bar that I held on to for a LONG time before I would drop.  I am really strong!

The weather in March was great!  We got to play outside so much and without the typical gear we would normally be wearing.  Caroline and I played in the puddles one day.  Those are spring coats - not winter and I have on rain boots, not snow boots.  The girls in the cul de sac also started getting out so we played more in the cul de sac. 
I experienced my first "Spring Break"!  I didn't realize how much stress I had been under going to preschool two days a week for 2 1/2 hours.  Taking that week off sure helped refresh me.  We did some fun stuff.  We went to the St Patrick's Day parade downtown.  We had a picnic lunch on the street.  I don't think we were standing in a very good spot as we hardly got any candy.  We got to see some fire trucks and cool cars.  We went to the zoo for the first time in MONTHS!  Some of the animals weren't out yet, but we still had a good time.  Michael and Ava met us there so it was nice to have company.  From the zoo we headed to Grandma's!  She had some new toys!  She has a sandbox now.  We had a good time playing in the sand.  She also has a new golf cart!  She uses it to drive around doing her gardening.  We rode all the way out to the pond.  Mommy gave me a ride on the four wheeler, which was lots of fun too!  Mommy went shopping for awhile so Grandma watched us.  I did a good job of staying awake while Mommy was gone.  Grandma and I got Caroline to take a nap so we were proud!  We also went to the park near Grandma's house.  The playground equipment had a pole you could slide down.  I did that a bunch of times.  Now when we go to parks around home that have poles, I slide down on my own.  Just the first step to being a fireman. 

Gosh, what else did we do in March?  We got to play with my girlfriends (the girls in the neighborhood) more than we usually do in March.  The weather really did make the month.  Mom had to hurry out and buy us new shorts.  I am pretty sure this was the earliest I have worn shorts in all my life. 

Well we are going to work to keep the blog up to date.  Sorry we have gotten behind.  Stay tuned!

No comments: