Saturday, July 14, 2012

Our first family vacation!

Hey Graham Fans!  Hope your summer is going well!  My turn to post and I get to tell you about our vacation.  It was kind of a two part vacation.  We headed to Kansas City and then on to the Lake of the Ozarks.  I know what you are saying - 'going to KC isn't anything new for you guys'.  Well this time we did some touristy things.  We went to Deanna Rose Farmstead.  It was a fun place - we did some gold mining (i.e. mining for different rocks), saw some farm animals and were able to pet them, fished, rode a pony, and my favorite - rode the pedal tractors!  Caroline's favorite was feeding the baby goats.  Here are some pictures:






We did go to Uncle Brad's and had dinner with family while we were in Kansas City.  More importantly, we played with Benjamin's toys!  We played outside of course and had SO much fun! The next day we picked up Nanny and headed to the Ozarks!  We got there and headed to the pool!  It was a great pool.  It had a little cave and Dad would carry me inside.  Then we went on a boat ride.  I LOVED it!  Our ride wasn't long enough!  Dad helped me drive.  It was great - I want a boat!  Caroline dozed off pretty early in the ride.  She woke up.  Then pretty soon I felt sleepy and was out!  I didn't wake up until we were taking the boat back.   
After dinner we went to Nanny's room.  There was a beach near there so we went with Dad to check it out.

The next day the weather wasn't as nice.  We went to the outlet mall and Mommy and Daddy did a little shopping.  Dad was done before Mom so we went to a kid's place across the street.  Mommy and Daddy went golfing in the afternoon.  Nanny watched us and took us to the playroom at the hotel.  We had a lot of fun - I finally got the chance to play with a hulu hoop.  The neighbor girls have them but I never get a turn.  It was a good time!  Later Daddy and Mommy took us swimming in the indoor pool.  We went to dinner that night and Sissy and could hardly stay awake!  Too much excitement!  The last day we went back to the playroom and got ready to go.  I didn't want to leave.  I sure hope we go back to the Ozarks, like maybe next week!

We headed back to Kansas City and played at Nanny's for awhile.  We went to a Royals baseball game that evening.  It was our first MLB game!  The stadium actually had a play area!   I actually got to swing at pitches on a little baseball field and run the bases!  Way cool...  Caroline and I both rode the carousel twice.  I want to go back there some time too!

We headed back home that night.  Sad for vacation to be over...

No comments: