Sunday, February 8, 2009

6 months old


Hey Graham Fans - Thought it was time I provide an update. I need to speak for myself! Being 6 months old is a lot of fun. I have so much more to learn and try, I can hardly wait! For example, eating. I have eaten carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, green beans, squash and now peaches. I like them all and want more! Mommy has let me suck on some of her food - apple, banana, graham crackers. I wish she would share more. I watch Mommy and Daddy eat stuff that looks really good and I want some too! When they feed I try to grab the spoon. I am pretty strong for my age so do my best to hold on to it. So far they win.




BTW don't think I am bragging about being strong. I have really been working on my core. When I am laying down or reclined, I do my best to get myself up. If Mommy puts her fingers above me, I can pull myself up. Gosh, once I am sitting I can then pull myself up to stand. I have been lobbying Mommy and Daddy to put little handle bars around the house so I can build more upper body strength. I haven't yet convinced them. I will keep working on them.


Mommy and I are still going to the library for story hour. We sing songs and read books. Last week, some girl pulled my hair! Mommy said she was flirting with me. She was like 9 months so WAY older than me. I like seeing the other kids.


Dakota and I are becoming good friends. When she is really, really tired, she doesn't care if I touch her. I keep my eye on her. Actually I keep my eye on everything. If I am in a new place, I have to check it out. I don't like to miss out on anything.


Someone asked me what my favorite toy is. I don't know that I have a favorite. It just depends on my mood. Toys do get bonus points if I can put them in my mouth. Momma keeps asking me if my gums hurt and trying to see if I have a tooth. I chew a lot and drool a lot - apparently that means I should be getting a tooth. If it is something that helps me eat more stuff, I am all for it!

Love,
Graham
Note from Mom: Graham had his 6 month appt. He continues to do well. He weighed 18 lbs 9 oz putting him at the 70th percentile. He is 27 inches long - 75th percentile and his head circumference put him in the 75th percentile.

No comments: