Monday, June 22, 2009

I LOVE SUMMER!

Hey Graham Fans! I love summer! I have been so busy having fun and learning new things! I don't know where to start. Guess I will just jump in which means water fun! (Get it - 'jump in', water fun?) You might be surprised that I am learning to swim! Mommy and sometimes Daddy too take me to the pool at the gym for water babies class. I am learning to kick, reach and pull, hold onto the wall and blow bubbles. So far holding onto the wall is the only thing I have mastered. Mommy moves my legs to kick, my arms to reach and pull, then she blows the bubbles. This will all come in handy because Daddy surprised me with a pool! Mommy and Daddy took lots of pictures. They really seemed to like it - gosh, they even got in with me (not both at the same time fortunately - there might not have been room for me). Mommy and I has taken me to the big pool at the gym so she can move my legs and arm in hope that I will do it myself. I just like her to hold me!

With the nice weather, I have been able to get out the sticks a few times. Mommy had a garage sale and I was able to get some practice in that day. There have been some other days that I have gotten out. Check out my form in the pic - I think I will be a contender in that big US Open tournament that Daddy watched over the weekend.


I am really getting smarter now. We go to the library now twice on Mondays. Mommy and I go for songs and stories before lunch. Then Daddy, Mommy and I go back for sign language class after dinner. I enjoy both classes. There are SO many kids at the sign language class, plus so many mommies and daddies. Last week I kept walking in the middle of the circle smiling at everyone and checking out a few of the kids. This week Ireally wanted to check out the kids and there were a couple of the mommies that I thought might want to play with me too. Don't get me wrong, I like to play with Daddy and Mommy. I kept going back to them and giving them a hug so they wouldn't feel bad. Mommy was waving her hands all crazy so I thought she was having her own fun. She does some of that at home too.
Gosh what else is new? Oh yeah I went to Kansas City with Mommy and Daddy this past weekend. We stayed at Uncle Brad and Aunt Lisa's house so I could play with cousin Benjamin. I really like to touch him. There was one time where Mommy got really excited when I patted him, maybe another. Most of the time she said I did good. We even went to the park to swing. Since I am so much older than him and more experienced, I got to play on the slide too. We went to Nanny's house and Grandpa and Susan's house too. Daddy and Grandpa smoked a bunch of meat to practice for some contest. I ate some of the chicken - I think they will win their contest.
Check out the pic below with my gift to Daddy for Father's Day. Mommy and I made it together. We also got him a book to read to me and we included this apron in the package too.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I can't believe how big he is getting, his face has changed so much over the past month or so...very adorable!