Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Catching up


Hey Graham Fans - Trying to catch up on my work! Like I tell you things are busy around here! Caroline is growing. She doesn't sleep as much, though she still sleeps a lot. As much as she sleeps, she doesn't always sleep when I want her to. When I get up from my nap, I need to snuggle with Mommy. She will decide that she needs held or needs to eat during my snuggle time. I get a little mad.

Mommy, Daddy and I went to Grandma's house to celebrate Grammy's (great grandma's) 90th birthday. Our relatives from Texas were here. When we got to Grandma's, I got to ride the lawn mower and the four wheeler and sit on the tractor! One of my cousins is about my age. We kept taking turns pushing the mower that was our size - I tried to make sure I had more time pushing it. Unfortunately the next day it rained all day so I had to stay inside and play.
We all went out to dinner at the Amana's, then had birthday cake and ice cream at Grammy's house. I like cake!
I like to help out at home. I helped move some dirt around the flower pots and threw it around the deck. For some reason, I am not sure that Mommy and Daddy appreciated it!
The next weekend was Caroline's baptism. Nanny and Grandpa came up on Saturday. It was fun to have company! Mommy, Daddy, Caroline, and I went to a birthday party too. They had a play set in their backyard and some riding toys. There were some other kids to play with too. The neighbors had some fun looking toys so I walked over to check them out. Daddy came and retrieved me however. Anyway on Sunday, Grandma, Grammy, Aunt Deb, Uncle Tim, Sam, Kayla, and Uncle Greg all came. It is great to have all that attention! Of course, I have to share with Caroline now.... I didn't hang out much for the baptism - I like to run around church so that is what I did. I did see Caroline get wet so I guess she is baptized now.

The next weekend we just hung out as a family. We went to the zoo. It is always fun to feed the animals! Caroline didn't get to see anything - just the inside of the stroller! We also went to Chucke Cheese for the first time. I got in the big tubes and couldn't figure out how to get out. Some nice older girl helped my get out!

We have started going to the library for story time again. They have some fun stuff to play with so I like to hang out afterwards and play with the toys. There was also a special music class a couple weeks ago. We sang some of our usual songs. Mommy let me play on the playset outside afterwards. There was a bunch of construction equipment outside so really all the kids just watched the digger and the bobcat.

One of the really, really fun things I did lately was going to an Iowa Cubs game with Daddy. We met up with Eric and Ethan DeVries. Ethan and I ran around and had so much fun! Ethan got lost for a little while which was scary for everyone but we found him and he was okay. A few days later we went to a party at Ethan's house. It was a lot of fun - some kid pools, a sandbox, and plenty of kids. The next night we went to another party at Samantha's house with plenty of kids and fun toys. Ethan and I played together again!

Until next time...

No comments: