Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!!

Hey Graham Fans! I am one now! I have been alive for a whole year! Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday that I met Mommy and Daddy for the first time. Since then we have spent a lot of quality time together.
I didn't really know what this whole birthday thing was about. It really seemed like we had a normal day on my birthday (Thursday) other than we went out for PIZZA for dinner. I am really a big fan of that stuff. We played outside when we got home - I love to play outside!
I started to get the idea that something different happens for birthday when Nanny, Uncle Brad, Aunt Lisa, and Benjamin showed up Friday evening. We do have company from time to time so I thought they just wanted to see my latest tricks- running, hugging the dog, saying 'ohhh' and 'docg', and exploration. The next morning we all had breakfast and I showed Benjamin how to play with some of my toys. He seemed to really like them.

The next sign that something was different was when Aunt Deb and Uncle Tim came Saturday morning. Aunt Deb took me outside to play and pretty soon Grandma, Grammy, Sam and Kayla showed up. I knew this birthday thing must be a lot of fun. Grandma brought my red wagon! Aunt Deb put me in it to ride around and then Benjamin got in too. Mommy and Aunt Lisa were taking pictures - you would have thought we were famous! Grandpa and Susan got there when Benjamin and I were cruising in the wagon. They seemed wowed too! Then Uncle Greg came. I knew it must be a party!
I had seen these things wrapped up in bright paper. I really wanted them but people kept moving them away from me. The crazy thing is I found out they were all for me! I had to take the paper off to find out what was inside and everything was something fun to play with, though one box had clothes. So much fun to be had! I really like them all. Here are a few pics of the nice things I received.
Everyone watched as I unwrapped my presents which was fun. Then I got to eat lunch first. I ate some tomatoes, pickles, fruit, marshmallows, and tried hamburger (not sure I like that). Everybody else was eating while I went back to playing with my toy. I was having a fun time on my race car when Daddy and Mommy showed me this big cake with a candle. Then everyone sang to me. I touched the cake and it felt really weird. I wasn't sure I wanted to touch it again, but it seemed like Daddy wanted me to so I put my hand in it. Mushy! Again everyone really seemed to enjoy that. I wasn't that interested in eating it - I wanted to play. I ate a little of the homemade ice cream - good stuff, but playing was my priority. Frankly I was running on fumes by this point. Everyone was lined up and wanted to hug and kiss me. I was beat but thought wow I must be really special for my family to be hear like this. Mommy and I went upstairs so I could catch some zz's. I didn't want to oversleep so I could have more fun. My Bagby relatives had gone back to KC, but my Peiffer family was still there for a little while. When Aunt Deb and family left, they said they were playing pass the baby - not sure what they were talking about, because I am a TODDLER!
I kept trying out my new toys. Daddy flew my new kite outside. That was pretty cool. Later we went for a wagon ride, then Mommy and I played outside a little while longer. What a fun day! I have to say I like birthdays! What a blessed little boy I am!




Oh by the way, I tried some more of that cake later. YUMMY!

1 comment:

Jason Lee said...

Happy 1 Year Birthday Graham!!!!!

Looks like you had a great ONE!